Here at the Williamson Manufacturing Company Ltd we have over twenty years of experience in the design and manufacture of peristaltic pumps and know that the selection of the correct peristaltic pump and peristaltic tubing for the right application is critical to the success or failure of a particular pump.
There are many benefits to using peristaltic pumps in a wide range of applications, but before covering the benefits we should outline precisely WHAT IS A PERISTALTIC PUMP?
The term "peristalsis" is originally a medical term to describe the way food is squeezed through the digestive system. A typical medical definition describes " a series of normal coordinated, rhythmic muscle contractions that occurs automatically to move food through the digestive tract, urine from the kidneys through the ureters into the bladder, and bile from the gallbladder into the duodenum. Peristalsis is a normal function of the body to move fluid from one place to another ."
- Support Info Sheet 1: Peristaltic Pumps - back to basics
- Support Info Sheet 2: Selection of Peristaltic Pump Tubing
- Support Info Sheet 3: Pumping Viscous Fluids
- Support Info Sheet 4: Pumping Detergents
- Support Info Sheet 5: Tubing Hazard Warnings & Use Instructions
- Support Info Sheet 6: Chemical Resistance Properties
- Support Info Sheet 7: Changing a 200 series pumphead
- Support Info Sheet 8: Changing the drive size on a 200 series pumphead